Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The Ten Commandments

How many of you have watched the movie, "The Ten Commandments" with Charlton Hesston?  Yes, it's a classic, isn't it?

Some weeks ago as Mrs. K, Mrs. O, and Mrs. N were leaving at the end of Bible study, Mrs. K said, " I want to hurry home.  The Ten Commandments movie is being shown on Channel ? on TV.  When I watched it before, I could hardly understand anything.  Now that I have been studying the Bible with Kathy, I want to see if I understand more."  The other ladies nodded and said, "Yes, that's a good idea!  We'll watch it too!".

The next week at Bible study, they were full of questions.  We talked and discussed and learned a lot about the differences between living under the law and living under grace.

Kathy remembered that she had a DVD of the Jesus story in the church office.  She quickly got it after class and suggested Mrs. O take it home and watch it that week.

When she came back the following week, she exclaimed, "I watched it three times!!  The first time in English with subtitles but the rest of the time in Japanese.  It was so interesting.  I am getting more and more interested in studying the Bible."   Then she said, "I want to live my life like Jesus, showing love and kindness to everyone."  

Recently we have been studying the proofs of the resurrection of Jesus.  Pray that the signs and wonders recorded in the Bible will impact these women.

 

No comments: